Jameson The Pilot - LD28 Jameson The Pilot - LD28

I always enjoy the thought of sandbox space exploration games, and this one looked to be a nice simple one that would possibly kill an hour or two. I tried to get into it. I really did. There were just too many issues. First, the control scheme is one of the most counter-intuitive I've ever seen. Second, landing is far too difficult, especially with the aforementioned control scheme. I was so proud of myself to finally be able to afford the Arrow, only to have to immediately restart because the thing is almost impossible to land. That leads straight into the third point. I don't mind games that have you work from the bottom and threaten sending you all of the way back down when you fail, but in a game where it's so easy to die, is that really necessary. It almost feels a tad malicious on your part. My final complaint is how impossible combat is in this game. I can't pursue another ship to save my life, and chaotic melees always end up with me accidentally targeting a non-pirate craft which leads to me having an entire fleet of bounty hunters on my tail. Oops, looks like I'm restarting... again...

I get that this is a Ludum game, and I feel that given more time, it could actually be something cool. Right now though, it's little more than frustrating.

Gyossait Gyossait

Beautiful.

I do kind of wish the story was a bit clearer, and I do kind of wish that the controls were a bit easier, but other than that, this was a piece of art. You've created a world that is, by far, one of the greatest game environments I've ever seen, and that's saying something for a pixel game.

By the way, the credits say "Project Fuding."

Ethereal Celenite Ethereal Celenite

It does get a little dull...

But it's a decent challenge, and still pretty well made. It runs much smoother than a lot of other puzzle games I've played. About the music, I spend a fair amount of time listening to chiptune, but I can't quite place where I've heard that song before :/

Azh321 responds:

Thanks for the review! If you have any suggestions or additions to the game, please let me know. I am looking for a new project to start working on :)

Grey Story Grey Story

It was okay.

I liked the concept (depressing as it became), and the music is wonderful. Overall, I just feel that there's nothing that special about this game. You give little motivation for the dull task of leaving and bringing back a number of items to one spot. There are no puzzles or any sort of challenge of any sort. Movement felt slow... I was just kind of bored, and if the game had been any longer, I doubt I would have finished it.

Villainous - Tower Attack Villainous - Tower Attack

Fantastic!

First, the graphics, and music were great. Absolutely no complaints.
As far as gameplay, you took an original idea, and nailed it pretty well. I never really got bored, and the castle and throne screens actually motivated me to complete the game (which I did).

In the end though, I do have a couple of points to bring up.
After getting many of the upgrades, gold medals became far too easy to get just by using one out of just a few combinations of units and spells.
Also, I did encounter one bug which caused my troops to change order in the middle of a level.
Finally, there was nothing in the end that really made me feel like I was done. You started out with a bit of a story, but you didn't finish it. After getting all of the skills and all gold medals, there just wasn't anything to make the game really feel... you know... done.

Armor Mayhem Armor Mayhem

Best 2d shooter I've played in a long time

Gameplay was perfect, and the weapons were pretty well balanced for a flash game. It looks like you put a lot of work into it, and it really did pay off. The only complaints I have are 1) During the data collection mission with "Bertha," my teammate captured the enemies' flag, and then ended up stuck in the drill... I had to wait until he died to continue scoring... 2) The intro animation as well as the mission descriptions all gave a great story, but there was no conclusion to it. More focus on the story, with possibly a few more cutscenes would have been nice.

Achievement Unlocked 2 Achievement Unlocked 2

Very fun and creative.

I thought the first game was creative, but here, you've figured out how to keep the idea going without making things boring. I hope to see more achievements, and maybe more of that one level again :)

The Breach The Breach

Very nice game, but with some flaws.

First off, the storyline was executed very well, and was quite intense. Gameplay was another big plus for me. I'm tired of flash shooters that require so much mouse work. The dark rooms were a nice touch. Even with the upgraded flashlight, I still had enemies sneaking up behind me, creating quite a challenge. However, two things really irked me throughout the game. The first, being rather minor, is that health drops were incredibly sparse until the last few rooms in the game. The other, though, is rather important. I found every single boss fight to be incredibly annoying. All of the bosses could be fought with very little strategy and they all went down too fast. This, along with the relative lack of music, made for a very boring experience at the end of each level. Also, when I finally reached the final boss, the platforming made everything worse. Quite a few times, I died simply from missing a platform, and when I managed to fix myself on a platform, I, once again, defeated the boss with disappointing ease. I had a lot of fun with this, but it could have been so much better.

Extreme Gardening Extreme Gardening

That was amazing!

Typically, I'm not a fan of this kind of game; I was merely attracted to this one by its title. The gameplay was terribly difficult but it was fun to realize how different my hedges turned out from the goals haha. I know people are complaining about the soundtrack, but I thought that was the best part! mp3 plz? Just kidding ;)

Sniper : Year Two Sniper : Year Two

It was okay.

I really liked the effort put into the art here. Just like the first one, it's nice to shoot something besides stick figures. The puzzles here may have been 'original,' but they were also pretty vague making the game possibly too difficult. I encountered one bug: after I failed level 5 one time, it restarted, but immediately said I had failed again even though nothing had happened. After this, I could not use the zoom for the rest of the game.